Thursday, February 18, 2010

Fasting makes me hungry...

Well, here we are again, entering into another Lenten season. Of course, I realize this yesterday after I pack my husband turkey and pita, but before my morning snack. I never realized how much I rely on snacking and picking at food...THE ENTIRE DAY. (And I thought cream in my coffee every morning was what was keeping me from losing weight.) So, in order to keep myself from eating, I baked. Brilliant.

After doing inventory in my kitchen, I decided on muffins. But not just any muffins. Cranberry-Orange Muffins.

First of all...muffin baking cups make your life a hundred times easier....why haven't I previously used these?! Second of all the recipe is kind of complicated, well if your used to the-only-add-water muffins its complicated, but you'll feel like a champ when they're done. A good friend of mine introduced me to the recipe last year while I was pregnant (the greatest midnight snack) and I've been in love with them ever since. You can find this amazing recipe at FoodNetwork.com or through this link: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/cranberry-orange-muffins-recipe/index.html 


Next, I thought I would try a new recipe. I had been meaning to try the recipe, which was why I actually had all the ingredients.

This delicious temptress is Apple Coffee Cake. Think apple pie in the middle of coffee cake. This recipe can be found at BettyCrocker.com. I, however, had to make it even worse for you and used apple pie filling instead of fresh apples. And like every other recipe, I doubled the batch. I don't know why I have to make everything twice as big as it should be, I just do.

I have to note how excited Marshal was when I presented him a piece after dinner last night. I regret not taking a picture of his face. It is my greatest joy to cook for such an appreciative and deserving man!  I love you, Marshal.

For the Picture of the Day

Everyone should have a pair of these!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment