Friday, February 19, 2010

Friday’s Favorite Fashion Finds

In honor of the 2010 winter Olympics, this will be a Special Sports Apparel Edition. Because I workout in my living room, instead of a gym, I need a clear definition of when I’m going to work out. I have to set a special time every day. If I didn’t, I would continuously tell myself throughout the day, “I’ll do it later or I can do it tonight.” If I don’t workout during this designated time, I’ve missed my workout. I am more likely to take advantage of the time, if I only give myself one chance. Another trick I use to tell my mind it’s time to work out, is dressing the part. Now, I’m not saying I put lip gloss on or sport a perfect pony, but I do make sure I change my clothes into, what I consider, my athletic wear. This way my yoga pants aren’t pajama’s or worn all throughout the day. Yes, I have those days when I have sweats on until noon, but those days have dramatically decreased since I implemented my “new rules.” As a new mother, I shop very differently for myself...if at all. It needs to be practical and last a long time, yet still be fashionable. I usually stay away from trends when it comes to basics. But then, I usually treat myself to more trending accessories, because they are cheaper and more disposable. Although I love finding a bargain just as much as the next person, I don’t wait until I think it’ll be on sale. It won’t be there when you get back and then you’ve wasted even more time and money continuously making trips to the mall. Here a few articles I’ve found to be worth every dollar:


These are Old Navy's Women's Active Wear Shorts. I just found a pair for less than $15 at Old Navy and they were actually a longer version of the above pair!


Victoria's Secrest's Classic Yoga Pants. If it has to world classic in it i'm usually drawn to it. These are less than $30 from Victoriassecret.com and they actually come in a 30" to 36" inseam. Sweat pants aren't a one-size-fits-all and finding a 36" inseam is like finding a pot of gold for me!


I'm not a big fan of sloppy t-shirts (even while workingout), which is why I love these graphic and basic T's from Charlotte Russe. The graphic T's are less than $15 and the basic T's are only $6 (I stocked up after new years when they were half off!!).

Have a happy weekend!

The Picture of the Day

Sunshine in a diaper!

1 comment: