Saturday, March 27, 2010

Baby's first ponytail

I've been waiting to put her hair in a ponytail for a very long time now. I don't know why, but it's just fun. I think it is more like a mile stone for me. I remember stroking her dark, greasy hair late one night in the NIC unit a day or two after her birth. I don't know why, but it just gave me so much joy to think about some day putting a ponytail in her hair. It’s amazing how a little joy like ponytails can give you enough encouragement to get through such a hard time.

I stuck her in the bathroom sink to distract her so I could attempt to put her hair up. I love how no matter what age a girl is, lipstick is always fun. My make-up entertained her long enough for me to be able to put a ponytail in her hair.


Don't worry. I was behind her the whole time ;)

Happy Saturday!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment