Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Reality?

Like many other Americans, last night I watched the season finale of The Bachelor. They did the usual stretching half hour of information into two hours thing, which allowed me to flip between the season premiers of CBS's How I Met Your Mother, Rules of Engagement, Two and a Half Men, and The Big Bang Theory. Of course, The Big Bang theory was the only half hour that actually kept my attention and it had to be the only half hour on The Bachelor worth watching. And even then, all I really wanted to see was who "won." While The Bachelor, Jake Pavelka, began the agonizing process of breaking up with or saying good-bye to what seemed to be the more popular pick, bachelorette Tenly, I found myself flipping off the channel as if it were a horror film that I could not stomach but also a train wreck that I couldn't stop watching. That kind of emotion hurts to watch. Every girl or guy has gone through a real life "rose ceremony", where she or he didn't walk away with a rose. Women and men can relate, oddly enough, to this dating on steroids reality show, which results in the stellar ratings and continued seasons. I, however, probably will not watch the seasons to follow. To me watching that kind of hurt isn't entertainment. I'll stick with my nerdy, poorly plotted-but somewhat tolerable, sitcoms. So, since I’m still on the subject, the big surprise last night wasn’t the bachelor’s pick of the “less experienced” or younger bachelorette Vienna. The big surprise was the announcement that Kate Gosselin is going to be on Dancing with the Stars?!? Really? That’s all I have to say.

On a more happy note, it’s MARCH! Getting closer! Everyday where closer and closer to picnics, walks in parks, and happy sunshine!
 
  My yellow jelly bean!
 
In a vain attempt to make up for my missed workout, I try to do sit-ups while I watch my birdy play. This is usually what results.
 
Have a great Tuesday!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment