Thursday, March 18, 2010

Second cup of coffee kind of day...

First, I'll clarify that second cup of coffee days aren't bad days. They are days to savor. It is a day when the first cup was so good, I allow myself to have another. Why can't the sun shine this bright every day? I need a second cup of coffee day more often and less zero cups of coffee days (zero cups equals too busy to make coffee day). I just got off the phone with my big sis (and put Molly down for a nap), which could equal the second cup of coffee, but anyway...I just have to mention how proud of her I am and how much I look up to her. Our relationship has been a bit of a rollercoaster....please excuse the over used analogy. When we were younger I was bullet proof and she was quiet. I didn't need a big sister. I was big enough. And she was carefully and quietly plotting her escape; an escape from the role as the oldest. I fought for her title, while she was fighting to get rid of it. To make a long story blog-proof, we both eventually grew up. I guess we didn't just grow up, but we experienced life. We realized how much more we could accomplish when we were on each other's side; when we were rooting for each other. I think she realized no matter how many miles apart we would all still be family. And I think I've realized that no matter how much armor I wear, I'm nothing without the support of my family. I hope to God I can give this to my daughter....to my legacy.


Sometimes I can't believe I get to be her mother...second cup of coffee day remember? so, bear with me...yumminess, squishiness, loveliness...I could go on forever. I’m a proud mama, what can I say? Yesterday, I was feeding Molly and I said more? and I sware she said no, and then I said yes? and she said, no...and I said oh great. Daddy, Doggy, Mama, Banana, and now, No. It all just blows my mind.


Baby kisses are the best. Even if the kisses are for a glow-worm <3!


I'm not sure which one of us she got this desire to turn everything over and stand on it from...i'm thinking possibly from daddy's brother, Tony. For some reason, I feel like he stood on a few tables in his day. Anyways, she's a complete dare devil. And I know my first reaction shouldn't be to grab the camera. This crazy girl is going to turn my hair gray.


I'll leave you with one last picture....doesn't she just tickle you!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment