Monday, April 19, 2010

Trip to Tennessee

We did it! We made it all the way to Nashville, Tennessee and back in two days....with Molly. I can't believe how well Little Birdy did in the car. We figured we would need to stop every hour or more frequently, but we only stopped twice on the way and twice on the way back. And really, we had to stop for me the first time! She did fuss a few times towards the end of a trip, but thanks to a good friend, we were able to borrow a portable dvd player. I give full credit to Baby Einstein and crackers for the success of our trip.


Traveling with a baby, more so the idea of traveling with a baby is very stressful. I didn't realize how nervous I was about the whole trip until the night before and I couldn't sleep. It could have been a complete nightmare. Now I know for sure that I have the best baby in the world.


On top of Marshal's support, I also was lucky to have the support and help from my sister and her boy-friend. It was nice to have the extra help in the backseat, so Marshal could focus on driving. Honestly, it was a really easy trip, direction wise. Nashville is very direct and the hotel was right off the highway.



It was such a quick trip to Nashville, I'd like to go back sometime to see a little bit more of the city. Once we checked into the hotel and did a little victory dance, we went out to Noshville Delicatessen for an early dinner. I have to say, I was a little disappointed. I thought it would be like the best sandwich I had ever had, mostly because it was ten bucks, but it really wasn't all that special. The service was stellar. Molly made a friend in the waitress. She was bringing Molly crackers for smiles and even gave us a doggy bag of cookies. 

After dinner, it was time to get ready for the wedding. I prayed the whole way up that I hadn't forgot anything. It was the moment of truth when I pulled out the suitcase to find everything I needed. Once everyone was dressed and groomed, I relaxed big time. It was like I had a giant imaginary list, and every time I could say check, I could relax that much more.


The wedding was beautiful. I spent most of the mass and ceremony running after Molly in the back, but from what I saw, it was absolutely beautiful. I wish I had taken more pictures, but it was way past Molly's bedtime. When you have a sleepy baby, picture taking gets put on the back burner. But, I do have a few more pictures that I'll leave ya'll with!!




Happy Monday!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment