Monday, May 24, 2010

It's beginning to look a lot like....summer!

Between the popsicles, cookouts and sun dresses, I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that summer is here. If there were any doubts, the 85 degree temperatures took away any room for question. Graduations. Sandals. Burgers. Smoky grills. Fresh cut grass....okay, this post is starting to sound like a bad country song.

Flowers, finally, in the garden! We're gettin' there. Our yard keeps looking better and better. On a whim, I put Molly in the car and hit up a Green house (flower store???) to pick out flowers for our front lawn. Somehow I ended up with three different colors of the same flower, which drove my mind crazy trying to figure out the pattern to which I was going to plant them. After every flower was planted, I stepped back to look at my work. I felt like a little kid, absolutely proud of my work. I wanted to take pictures and send them to my mom.

Trying to get the flowers planted and entertaining Molly was really rough. She got really dirty. Like big time little kid dirty. Her little cheeks were absolutely adorable, all flushed from the heat and smudged with dirt. After a bath and dinner, little birdy couldn't even keep her eyes open. I love easy bedtimes.



Another sure sign that summer is here: the baby pool. I filled the pool early in the morning, so by the time the afternoon was here the temperature of the water was perfect.


Needless to say, she enjoyed every bit of the water.


Here is to the beginning of summer time....


And to taking drinks out of a garden hose...


to planting gardens...


to snuggling up in beach towels...


And to lounging in lawn chairs...

But, most importantly, to life.

~Margaret

1 comment:

  1. I love your pictures and looks like so much fun! Hope you are doing well and glad to hear what you are up to again;)

    ReplyDelete