Sunday, June 20, 2010

Big shoes, big heart, big hero

Today began at 6:30 am, when I crawled out of bed to prep for the ultimate father's day brunch. When asked what he wanted for his father's day meal, he simply stated that he would really like some fried cornmeal mush. It's a really, really simple recipe, but it needs to cool before cooked. I needed to make it as early as possible for the mush to be ready in time. After dancing around the kitchen for a half hour or so, I quietly made my way back into bed. In our family bed of Marshal, Me and Molly on my chest, we slept in until almost 9!



I have been anticipating today like no other. I feared this is a day when he will be hurting. I even almost bought a TV to serve as a very expense surprise and distraction for today. However, I am more fearful of the pocket book than I am of emotion. So, I settled for a new pair of shades. Molly actually, sort of, picked them out. We were walking through the mall and I said, "Molly, what should we get daddy?" She replied by grabbing for the rack of sun-glasses.

We're crazy about this guy.



Even if he doesn't have the ability to control his portions....



My love, you have been there since day one. Before you even heard her tiny heart beat, you knew the role of a father. She would be doing cart wheels and karate kicks in my belly and just by placing your palm over my stomach she would immediately calm down. Even then, she knew her father's touch.

After hours of contractions and strenuous pushing, I finally saw her eyes. I sware, it was like looking into yours.



You were made for this.
Happy Father's Day
~Margaret

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is so sweet. You guys are such a cute family!

    ReplyDelete