Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Please remember how to make coffee...

This morning I couldn't figure out why the coffee maker wasn't working. I would leave the kitchen and come back thinking the pot would be filled, it wasn't, so I would leave and return shortly to see if the coffee maker had made any progress. I quickly became frustrated, glaring down at the coffee maker. Coffee maker plugged in. Coffee in filter. Green light on. I couldn't figure out what was wrong. Then I realized, somehow I had missed the whole put-water-in-coffee-maker-then-put-coffee-pot-under-coffee-maker step. The darn thing was still sitting in the kitchen sink from yesterday morning.

*******************************

Yesterday was nice. We left everything for the day. We left dishes in the sink, laundry in the dryer, and beds un-made. Molly and I dropped everything and hit the road. We made a trip up to my mamma's house.





I am also happy to say I was able to visit a good friend and meet her new little baby! Her second sweet little baby boy. Before the visit, I went baby shopping. I wasn't sure what I wanted to bring. Babies are so special and you don't get to pick out baby gifts every day ;)......

I was hunting through stacks of picture frames, photo albums and every kind of trinket imaginable. Then, I stumbled across this adorable picture frame and it read Brothers. I don't know why, but immediately my eyes welled up. She has brothers! Little moments when life becomes so real and so beautiful are just amazing.

I wish I would have remembered to take a picture during the visit, but the little bugger was just so gosh darn adorable I completely forgot to pull out the camera. I'm so happy for you, Angela! You are a perfect example in your faith and a great role model as a mother and wife!

~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment