Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

The only way I could think of kicking off this amazing weekend, was to start with the pool. If you don't have a little sun on your cheeks you haven't fully experienced the Fourth of July yet. I can remember, when I was little, being anxious about being tan enough for The Fourth. Every tradition has to be present for each holiday or else you risk not fully experiencing the holiday, which would be an absolute tragedy.


She's got the number one baby beach bod. I love that chub.


This girl is becoming a regular water baby.  I love taking her out to the deep end and just bob up and down, completely relaxed. Once you get past the shallow end, where all the ten year old boys like to pound through the water and blast Nerf balls from their grasps in the general direction of their accomplice, it really isn't all that bad. The water gets colder the further you move out, but it becomes that much more refreshing and rewarding. I'm already looking forward to our next pool day.



I almost thought we weren't going to have much of a 4th of July. Saturday afternoon, Molly woke up from a nap with a fever. It was the first time she has ever had a fever, let alone be sick. I sort of freaked out. I could just tell she had a fever the moment I picked her up out of the crib. I was so glad Marshal was home, because the Motrin I had stocked in the medicine cabinet had expired. Immediately after she had a dose of Motrin and a big drink of Gatorade, her temp went down. By Sunday morning, her fever was gone and we were able to continue with the Fourth of July weekend of fun.


Our first stop was Maria Stein. Looks like Molly and her grandma swapped teddy bears.



Another must-do tradition on the Fourth of July is to wear red, white and blue.



And of course to spend 90% of the day in lawn chairs.



Our next stop for the day was New Bremen. Again we ate quite a bit more, drank a little more and laughed a whole lot more.


I can't imagine any way to make this summer even better. I can't help but remember last July 4th and hiding in cool bedrooms at my moms house, trying to coax her into sleeping or atleast stop crying, trying not to break down myself. Now we get to be apart of the party and enjoy the company instead of hide from all the noise. I miss her being tiny and new, but she is so much fun now. I don't know what my life would be like without her.

~Margaret

1 comment:

  1. How fun! I remember having 4th of July at your house one year...Bocce ball tournament ring a bell? It was one of the best ever.
    I am sorry Molly was sick:( Always so scary!

    ReplyDelete