Friday, July 9, 2010

Rainy Day Sad Face

All I can do today is yawn. Having the kitchen clean is a major victory on days like today. It doesn't even feel like a Friday. I'm suppose to automatically be energized, regardless of how many hours my husband is working and away from home, but not this Friday. For all I care, it could be a Monday.

To give today more of a Friday edge, Molly and I picked up some sub's and met daddy for lunch. I wish I could have brought him back home instead of to work after our lunch date.


Molly wasn't very happy that daddy had to go, either.

                          *********************************************************
Yesterday, we crashed my aunt's pool for a few hours. We heard from Uncle Assistant Manager Mark that the public pool was too crowded for comfort. We took his word for it and stayed away....

I crave the water. All winter I dream about these moments. Just the sound of the crystal clear water splashing into the cement walls of the pool will competely relax me. I enjoy the time after the pool just about as much as I enjoy the actual pool time. I love changing out of the sogging bathing suit and slipping on something comfortable and dry. I love the smell of left over sunblock on our sun kissed bodies. I love the tan lines earned from a day under the sun. I love how popsicles taste ten times better and air conditioned rooms are tens time cooler after pool days.


But, most of all, I love the sleepy baby after the water, the towels, the popsicles and the fun.


Nothing says I had fun, Mom, more than I child who sleeps the entire drive back home.

~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment