Tuesday, April 19, 2011

We Partied

Yesterday, I woke up finally feeling a little relief from the sinus pressure that had been bogging me down for weeks. Molly woke up happy and for some reason I felt like I'd be able to handle a party. So, we quickly threw a few things together and ended up with a pretty awesome Birthday party.

I don't think she was diggin' the Birthday song...


She needed a little help with the candles...



She got a lick of the icing, but I gave her a few jelly beans instead of a slice of chocolate cake, which I thought would be the better of the two evils since it was eight at night. Maybe next year she can have slice of cake ;).

We had fun.

Molly Birdy opened the gifts like a pro. She knew what to do this year.


The day got a little hectic at times, with cleaning and cooking, but at the end of the day I was really glad we had the party. She may not remember or have even cared if we celebrated on another day, but this was for me. This was my memory.



I may not have baked the most perfect cake with towers of craziness and magical sprinkles all over it, there wasn't a creative mind blowing theme, and I didn't even have a single gift bought (yet) for her....and it was exactly how I wanted to remember it. Celebrating our first born together. Celebrating life and it's imperfections.


Life is imperfect. If I've learned anything for this whole experience, it's to let go just a little bit. Let things happen. Stop the controlling. Stop the stress. My child, I've learned so much from you in such a short time.



~Margaret

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE those outdoor pictures of Molly! Happy Birthday--I was in disbelief that it's been another year!

    ReplyDelete