Saturday, June 18, 2011

Saturday Morning Breakfast.

Today, while our eyes were still sleepy, we made an early morning trip to the Brick House for a little Saturday morning family breakfast. Having a Saturday morning when Marshal is actually home and not working or doing side work is very rare and there isn't a better way to celebrate the time together than doughnuts and coffee. And being able to get to the Cafe by stroller makes it even better.

I love our Brick House...

I feel that the cool-ness of the place is better represented when displayed in sepia tone.

I'm sure you can get a house decaf. at the McDonald's down the road for cheaper, but I bet you can't sip your coffee and let your baby roam the floor while your husband reads the paper the same way you can here. And if you're still not convinced, I promise, this place smells way better.


Oh, and your monkey is always welcome for breakfast at the Brick House Cafe.



No matter where we end up living, I hope there is always a Brick House. Somewhere our kids will recognize as home outside of the house they grow up in. Somewhere that makes them feel welcomed and loved. I don't know if it's because I never had this growing up or if I've just watched to many episodes of Gilmore Girls, but it's important to me.


Whether she looks like it or not, Molly was excited to get her doughnut....


You can, however, always tell when Marshal is happy :).


Also, if you come and visit me I promise I will take you here.

Happy Weekend!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment