Saturday, September 17, 2011

It's still rock and roll to me.

Even though my soul is aching to sort, scour and scrub with the new season just around the corner, right now outside picnics on the lawn are just much more important.


And not just important in the sense that fresh air is now finally refreshing, but that if we don't spend some time away from our living room, Molly's going to go crazy.


New favorite snack: vanilla wafers and chocolate icing. I make them for Molly, but I eat half of them. They are irresistible and go great with picnic blankets.


Our little bear cub also goes great with picnic blankets....he just doesn't stay awake for very long.


Being outside when the weather is as nice as it has been lately is really easy. I've never met a person who didn't get excited for fall. Leaves are changing and starting to sprinkle the lawn. Flocks of birds fly over head, migrating south for the winter. The slight chill in the breeze is a fair warning that change is coming. And this excites people.


Just thinking about Autumn and everything it brings makes me crave a pumpkin spice latte. A latte and an awesome smelling candle. I have been waiting for you all summer.


So the big Marsh's recent outdoor activities include cutting stuff down.



And we have a lot of stuff that needs cutting down.


Molly on the other hand isn't enjoying it so much.


But she also does this when I run the vacuum.


Nap time is calling...
Happy weekend!
~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment