Thursday, September 8, 2011

For you.

Where have the past two weeks gone?


I think most of my time is spent gazing at my sleepy little bear cub.


He can't resist the charms of the rocking chair. It almost never fails. As soon as he's set in the rocker, the calming vibrations take over and within minutes he's out. The only problem is convincing Molly to let John lay in the chair. It was hers and of course she's having problems with the whole sharing thing. So I've been telling her that if she lets Johnny lay in it, we'll look for a new pink rocking chair the next time we go shopping. Of course, I didn't really intend on buying another rocking chair. Unfortunately for me, last night while Molly and I were at Wal-mart looking through the baby section, we stumbled upon the exact rocker....and the pink version. I didn't know a pink version existed. But now that I think of it, I should have just bought it for her.



These past two weeks, Molly's learned a lot about being quiet. And just because she knows what being quiet is, doesn't me she chooses to do so. The past few days, she's really been acting out. She fights bedtime, she doesn't want to do anything on her own and she's been having accidents. It's like we're potty all over again.


So the other night, just Molly and I took a trip to CVS. I needed a few things and wanted to spend some time with just my little birdy. I don't think I ever saw Molly as excited as she was the moment she saw the towers of nail polish and make-up. I don't know if it's nature or nurture, but girl likes her nail polish about as much as her momma does.


While we were out, I noticed how much she's actually grown up these past few weeks. I didn't carry her from the car to the store. She holds my hand while we browse. She says things like "Oh my, mommy! Look at that," when we look at headbands and anything sparkly. She tells me she has to go potty and then once seeing the bathroom decides she can wait until we get home. She asks what I'm looking for and then when it's time to leave, she climbs into her car seat, by herself.

Right now, she may be having a hard time adjusting to her new little bear cub, but I know it's just a stage. Because when we were out, just the two of us, she couldn't have acted any older or behaved any better. I look forward to our next date together, just the two of us.

But in the mean time...


...she's just going to have to deal with this new little boy draped over my shoulder or tucked in my arm.

Happy Thursday, friends!
~Margaret

1 comment:

  1. awwww. time flies i am sure! i can't believe my little baby girl is almost 6 months!!

    cheers. love the blog.

    ReplyDelete