Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Full.

Oh hello, little bear cub. Would you like to take a nap on my shoulder? Okay.


I can't explain how great it feels when your baby rests his squeeshy checks on your shoulder and just checks out. It's like he's so relaxed just being close to your skin, he just can't help but nod off for a bit.

........................................................


I scored a few sweet pacifiers for Johnny.


I hope they don't scream "my mom wants me to be athletic someday." I just thought they were cute. I would have got the book shaped like a pacifier too if they would have had one...
........................................................

Last weekend my mom called and asked if we'd come up on Sunday for a visit and when momma ask's you to visit, you visit. It was our first drive back home with Johnny, so I was a little anxious. But, don't worry....



...they slept the entire way.

........................................................

This past week, the leaves really began to fall.


And Molly doesn't just jump in leaf piles...


She swims in leaf piles.


And this isn't one of those 'my kid is so much cooler than other kids' things, it's just that I'm so proud of her imagination ;).



I think that's why these past few years my excitement for the holidays has grown tremendously. Kids make the changing of the seasons, traditions and celebrations so special. They take it up a notch.


Racking leaves is just yard work, until you through a toddler or two into the mix. Then it's fun. It's making memories.


I just can't wait to watch this little guy jumping through piles of crisp brown leaves next year with his big sister.


........................................................

This is the usual state of my sons existence...


But these past few days we've been seeing more awake time.



When I was taking pictures of John on the blanket, Molly demanded a little camera time too.


She thought it was hilarious.


She was helping put Johnny's pacifier back into his mouth. It was so sweet of her. She was being so gentle and caring for him.

........................................................


He's really starting to fill up the rocker. Sometimes it's really hard to resist picking him up when he looks so squishy.

........................................................

Remember my belly shots?


My newest belly shot.

........................................................

We had a really special treat on Monday. My cousin Joanna and her munchkins came to visit. Her newest little, Andrew, is just irresistible. You can't help but make him laugh. And her first born, Maggie, is just a doll. She is only two months older than Molly and it was absolutely heart melting hearing them playing together. Two little voices telling each other what to do. I wish I would have recording there conversations.


Both girls watching the Tinker Belle movie during their "nap" time.


Before they left, we tried to get a group picture....which was HILARIOUS.

Soooo...the story goes:

First, Joanna says, "Hey lets take a picture before we leave." I say what a great idea that is and we should put them all on the couch. I sat Molly on the couch and tucked Johnny next to her arm.


Joanna attempts to do the same. "Maggie, come sit next to Molly." Maggie cries. She was really really having fun with toys and stopping to take pictures isn't.


...waiting for Joanna to get her kids in line....and as perfect as mine....




....still waiting....


Now Margaret, knowing how bribing with cookies works every time, says, "hey Maggie, I'll give you this yummy delicious cookie if you sit next to Molly."


Maggie says I can dig that and sits her little jegging butt on the couch next to Molly's.


Meanwhile, Andrew is yelling. YELLING. Yelling with joy. Because making more noise for mommies while big sister melts down is so much fun.


Cue Margaret taking a picture of adorable boy yelling and smiling at the same time. Because making more noise during an already loud situation is a little boys specialty. After Maggie is settled, Joanna swiftly props Andrew next to Johnny.


Hurry take a picture. Click.




Okay now, Andrew, nose dive off the couch. Luckily, Joanna's reflex is to catch falling baby, because my reflex was to take picture. And that's the story.

I can't stop laughing. Instead of taking pictures, I should have just filmed it. And then bottled the hilariousness and sold it and made a billion dollars. If you've ever been in this type of ridiculous situation, you will think it's funny. If not, well then it's just a 'you should of been there' thing.

Already looking forward to our next visit.

~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment