Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Last week of March?

Yesterday, while running errands, Molly asked me when spring was coming. I felt really stupid telling her that spring started a few days ago, even though it was still cold and snowy. Because really what is a season; a time of year or a change in the weather? If it were to stay freezing until July would there be a spring?


Matter of fact, she had a few of really tough questions yesterday about life, death and heaven (luckily we haven't touched hell yet). I told Marshal last night about how Molly told me that she doesn't want grandpa and grandma or mommy and daddy and Johnny to die. Ever. Marshal asked if that made me cry. I said no because she followed it up with a question regarding whether food drops into the baby's mouth when I eat.


I told her of course it does.


The other day, Molly painted her finger nails with a dry erase marker and told me that now she looks pretty like Heidi, the girl who cut her hair. She must have left quite the impression on Molly bird.


Marshal's Christmas gift came in the mail finally a few days ago. I did a really awesome job as a wife to order the wrong size and wait 3 months to finally ship them back. Money saved by secretly ordering boots online over cyber monday? zero. Would I order boots from BootBarn again? absolutely. Great customer service.

While our third room is still under "construction" it is finally safe to leave the door open and it has become a great play room for the kids. The walls are light and there aren't any curtains so the room is always the lightest in our house. Because I'm awaiting on my personal carpenter (my husband) to install trim, we haven't moved anything in the room yet and the emptiness is very inviting for imaginative play.




And it's also great for a quick photo opt.




~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment