Thursday, May 2, 2013

Molly's Birthday: 4

My first born turned 4 a few weeks ago and we finally got around to having a party this past weekend. I really wanted to have an actual party for her this year instead of the usual thrown together mess I do the day of her birthday, which usually includes me running to Wal-Mart the day of. So I decided to hold off until we had an open weekend to celebrate our little birdy properly.


We ended up with the most beautiful Saturday afternoon to celebrate her little life. I was so grateful for the sun and warm temperatures.


I don't usually decorate, mostly because of my procrastination and lack of creativity. But it was so much fun winding streamers around the fence and throwing balloons everywhere that I definitely will be making a habit of this for the next birthdays.


I also loved how special it made Molly feel. For once we were actually doing something entirely for her and she didn't have to share it with anyone.


 When our party guests arrived we did the usual birthday food and gifts.


I tried having Molly plan the desserts but I really couldn't get a straight answer out of her. I would ask what she wanted to eat on her birthday and she would say something totally random, so I had to come up with what I thought she would like. Something told me she would enjoy pink cupcakes with pink icing and pink lemonade. She didn't complain.




Johnny did such a good job of not throwing a fit every time Molly opened something new that I can't wait for his birthday so we can shower him with the same kind of attention and gifts.





Early in the morning, I snapped this picture of her because I thought she just looked too adorable watering her flowers in her birthday dress with her usual tasseled hair. It's a reminder of how much she is changing and growing. And that's why I'm so grateful for birthday traditions. We can get so caught up in the day to day activities that if we didn't stop every once in awhile to celebrate their growth and change that we might just miss it completely.

~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment