Tuesday, July 16, 2013

A recipe a day: Day 1

A watched pot never boils just like a pregnancy count down never ends. I don't want to focus on how many days I have left because nobody other than God knows that...so I'm going to focus on stocking my freezer and trying new recipes. I did this towards the end of Johnny's pregnancy and really enjoyed it. I'm not saying I'm a super chef or that this is something to learn from, I'm just trying to keep myself from going crazy. 



Baking really isn't all that therapeutic for me and I usually stay away from the oven as much as possible in the summer time. However, this late in the pregnancy I really need to keep my mind busy. So to make everyone's life more enjoyable, while baking, I try to keep to two main rules before I start: 1.) begin with a clean kitchen. If I began with a mess, the end result is usually a mess. I also try to clean as I go so it doesn't become too overwhelming...if you don't have a dishwasher, you understand. 2.) make sure Johnny boy is napping. 'nuff said.


Recipe #1: Best Chocolate Chip Cookies



I know everyone boasts about finding the best chocolate chip cookie recipe and really how many times have you eaten one and was like 'well that was a mediocre cookie.' This one, however, is the best....or at least it's my favorite ;). I guess to me, the perfect cookie is a little bit crispy on the outside but soft on the inside. I really don't like the whole take-em-out-early method, because a soggy falling apart cookie isn't what I crave. And I feel like with this recipe that's the results I achieve.

I found this recipe years ago from allrecipes.com and haven't strayed since. I actually love this recipe so much that I've written it out and keep a copy in my wallet. I know! Crazy! I don't know why...


I've definitely blogged about these cookies before, matter of fact right here if you'd like to go back and reminisce, so I won't go into every little detail of the recipe....also, I spent way too much time trying to take a picture of the cookies and now Johnny is waking up.


Not a bad way to get up from nap time...even though they look miserable being forced to eat a cookie.

~Margaret

No comments:

Post a Comment