Saturday, February 1, 2014

St. Brigid of Kildare

I was reminded by a friend that today is the feast day of St. Brigid, our little Brigid's namesake! After the night we had last night with little B, I was grateful for the opportunity to ask this beloved Saint for special graces to get through the day. ;)


When we found out we were expecting another girl, I immediately began stressing over her name. There's so much pressure in naming a child. You want it to be individual, yet not too out there (if you know what I mean). I just knew I had to leave this one up to God. I asked, I begged He inspire me. But months went by and I still felt nothing, until I found myself before the Eucharist at St. Brigid's Catholic Church in Dublin, Ohio. I was on a weekend shopping trip with my mother and sisters and after a little "googling," we had decided on the parish to attend for mass. Immediately upon entering the parish I felt a strong sense of familiarity and the name just came to me, Brigid Rose.  


I remember last year when I was researching the name, that the little soul I was pregnant with would be about six months old today, the day of St. Brigid's feast day and it's just so crazy to be here! I can't believe I've already given birth for the third time, that we made it through those really tough first six weeks and I have successfully nursed her for six months!


“I would like the angels of Heaven to be among us. I would like an abundance of peace. I would like full vessels of charity. I would like rich treasures of mercy. I would like cheerfulness to preside over all. I would like Jesus to be present.”


Saint Brigid pray for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment